Sunday 30 November 2008

DONE

It's November 30th and I've posted every day for an entire month. There have been new recipes, old favourites, and the odd (to be perfectly honest) nonsense post just designed to stop me failing.

I have enjoyed focusing on NaBloPoMo and will absolutely do it next year but I'm not yet insane enough to post every day of every month of every year as, frankly, there have been times when there just isn't enough time in the day.

I had been planning a final celebration for crossing the finish line. Something to do with nice food and bubbles, a fitting end for a month when I have increased my total post count to over 100 (hooray). But life rarely works out the way we plan it.

Last night we had the delicious Turkish food which made me both very full and very very sleepy, then this morning I woke up to rain and a cold and a sore throat. Still in entertainment mode, however, we shivered our way to the bus stop to go and drop my sister's bag at Waterloo before taking her to Wagamama's for some noodles. All went swimmingly until I gulped some green tea and had to spit it back into the cup as it was scaldingly hot. Now I had a badly burned tongue, a cold, a sore throat, and, to top it all off, had lost my appetite.

All that to say I am now back at home, on the sofa, about to watch some suitably inane TV and will eventually make some soup.

I'll leave you now and will be back very soon, maybe not tomorrow, but very soon with plans for bread, Christmas pudding, Christmas cake...

10 comments:

Cerebrum said...

YAY YOU Gemma! This is so well done! I failed, but I will definitely try again next year. And I will definitely try getting into a more regular posting scheme. (She said, not having posted since last Monday. Eh.) Happy to have been here for your NaBloPoMo, and happy to have found your blog :)

Sam said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts, well done for finishing!

Jeanne said...

Woo hoo!! You did it!! I must say, I found it just a long slog this year, but I'm sure that by next November I will have forgotten and sign up again! Hope your sore throat clears up soon :)

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog so have loads to catch up on, but well done on your brilliant achievement, I am now hooked. Hope you feel better soon!

Gemma said...

Thanks all, good job it finished on Sunday as this week off has been much needed - not much cooking happening now that I have tonsillitis...

Gemma x

Anonymous said...

Wagamama's! That's good stuff.

Congrats on doing all the posts this month. :D

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Gemma!

I have now caught up on your whole blog from start to finish so really looking forward to your next posts. Hope you get your appetite back soon, nothing worse than being ill at this time of year.

Really happy to find a blog I wish I had written, it has really inspired me!

Anonymous said...

What a feat, well done - look forward to christmas recipes - especialy if you have any fave mince pie ones...

Anonymous said...

What a feat, well done - look forward to christmas recipes - especialy if you have any fave mince pie ones...

Gemma said...

Thanks all. I'm better now and trying to catch up on my Christmas cooking.

I love the Nigella mince pie recipe in Feast and it was on her Christmas programme today so you should find it on the BBC website.

Gemma x