Friday 25 January 2013

A FEW FAVOURITES

Does everyone enjoy finding out what's in someone else's make-up bag? What they carry in their handbag? Which diary, the pen they love even though it was free and the top is all chewed, the half packets of tissues and crumpled receipts?

When I was about 12, so probably in 1992, I won a make-up set in a magazine competition. There was pale blue eyeshadow and and frosted pink lipstick and I adored it. Since then there have been  brushes with bad foundation, glittery eyes, and sticky lip gloss but now there is mostly this...



Clockwise from top left: Liz Earle Hand Repair, Dr Hauschka's Neem Nail Oil (whenever I remember), MAC lipsticks in Lady Bug and Lustering, Nars The Multiple in Orgasm, Liz Earle's Botanical Essence No. 1 (it took me a while to decide whether I liked it but the slightly old fashioned floral musk seems right at the moment), MAC blot powder in medium, vaseline, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in nude, and a Baggu medium gold pouch (I'm using a platinum one that I bought in June and it currently holds vaseline, a nail file, two plasters, powder, mascara, two pens, three lipsticks, ibuprofen, a hair band, two other lip balms, hand cream, chewing gum, and a penny. It may be time for a clear out.)

I'm yet to settle on a mascara and if anyone knows a good coral or orange lipstick then please do share.

 

5 comments:

by BUN said...

I have been using maybelline's great lash mascara for years...and I LOVE it. I also use a lash primer (from victoria's secret) before applying...and that seems to make a big difference. OH...and they also make great lash in different colors - so sometimes I throw the blue in every once in a while...and people always comment!!

Ali said...

Snap on our perfume choices - I'm not usually a lover of floral scents, but that Liz Earle has enough of a quirk to make it interesting

Gemma said...

I end up going back to great last pretty regularly but have never tried it with a lash primer. I'll need to give it a go. I've been reading a lot about plum mascaras lately so maybe I should pick one up.

Ali - I know, I really wasn't sure at first but now I love it. It actually reminds me of a Gucci perfume that my Mum wore in the 80s!

R's Rue said...

Love the lipsticks!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

As for corals, I really like MAC's 'Ravishing'. http://www.amazon.com/MAC-Lipstick-Cremesheen-Ravishing-Unboxed/dp/B007WN6NYK Looks more pink in this photo, but it wears more coral -- at least it did on me. Love it during springtime.