Friday 16 November 2012

CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE: FOR BOOK LOVERS


 



Clockwise from top left: a candle that smells of afternoons in the library, a book about a little ghost learning to read, a handbound notebook and bookbinding classes, an early edition of a childhood favourite, a Welsh blanket to curl up under, an introduction to Ian Hamilton Finlay with a selection of his writing and a copy of his Nautical Alphabet, a song for anyone wrapped up in books, a voucher and book bag from a favourite shop, a mug and biscuits for sustenance while reading, a shelf for all their favourite books.

And, finally, because I'm sure you all have a few thousand pounds to spend on the book lover in your life...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not just saying this - but your gift giving lists have been dynamite! Better than any I've seen online in the past few years .... I think you have a knack for gift-giving, G...

charlotte said...

Now I want that mug and the Harland Miller but I'd happily settle for Knigi. And also, I agree with Brian. Love them!

Gemma said...

Thank you both, I'm enjoying putting my (excessive) online browsing to good use! A Harland Miller original is definitely on my 'when I win the lottery' list...

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh my goodness, I love that shelf and the blanket would be perfect for a cozy night in with a book:) Kisses