Friday 1 April 2011

LUNCH

I've been trying to make my lunch a little more regularly. Of course, I say this having just eaten a sweet potato falafel wrap from Pret followed by some sweet and salty popcorn (have you tired that stuff? Crack). But, at least I can remember the last time I brought my lunch to work and, even more impressively, it was in the last week. Compared to London this is a very good thing (although Pret and M&S may disagree with me).

I've never been able to get very excited about making sandwiches so when the mood takes me I'll try to make a little extra for dinner and, when we don’t just decide we are extra hungry and eat what should be the leftovers, I pack a small pot.

So once there were leftovers of this and the garlic nearly blew my head off.

Then there was a little braised fennel and a cold sausage mixed with half a can of chickpeas.

But more often than not it's some variation on rice, quinoa, squash, beetroot and feta which we eat for dinner embarrassingly regularly (although I think we may have found a new favourite this week with fennel, carrot and kale roasted with cumin seeds, caraway seeds and aleppo pepper).

Usually I just spoon my lunch into a plastic container that can be thrown into my bag with a fork and a piece of kitchen towel but if I was in the market for something a little more stylish I think this would do very nicely...

1 comment:

Alicia Foodycat said...

I did NOT need to see that! I have a sad lunchware addiction. I have bento boxes, flasks, insulated bags, salad boxes-with-dressing-dispenser, thermal soup mugs-with-cheese-dispenser (which doesn't work very well). But that is gorgeous!