Monday 30 November 2009

EPIC FAIL...

I think we can all agree that I failed with the concept of posting every day in November. I guess I should have known. Things happen. This November the main distraction has been the arrival of a new niece and now all I can think about is Christmas in Edinburgh and lots of new baby cuddle time.

But yesterday in a fit of almost December preparation I shopped and I stirred and I baked and I ended the day with a Christmas cake well wrapped and awaiting weekly feeds of brandy, two jars of mincemeat, a vat of soup, and a clementine cake because it seemed unfair to spend the entire day baking and not end up with anything that could be eaten straight away.

Next weekend Christmas pudding.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

19 posts in a month is STILL very good going compared to my pitiful attempts!! Congratulations on the arrival of your new niece. As a very proud aunty to gorgeous 1 year old nephew, I'm sure this Christmas will be a very special time in your family!

Well done on your baking efforts yesterday. I am still debating whether to make a cake!

Anonymous said...

I didn't quite make it this year either. Have been following your posts with pleasure though... and making the butternut squash thing you taught me about last year.

Su-Lin said...

Oh wow, I salute your organisation!

Shauna said...

That's brilliant... you'll have to tell us how the pudding goes! I watched Delia rabbit on about how easy it is but I dunno if she's my kind of benchmark :)

Gemma said...

Shauna - the puds went very well. I gave 1 to my Mum, 1 to my sister, 1 to friends, and there is 1 still sitting in my wardrobe (I made 4 mini ones instead of 1 massive one)

Su-Lin - I try, it gets me into a Christmas mood. Unfortunately it apparently also results in zero blogging in December!

Solnushka - thanks and glad you are still enjoy that dish

Lili - we managed lots of baby cuddle time over Christmas so all good!

Gemma x