Friday 31 October 2008

NaBloPoMo - TAKE TWO

November is almost here, it’s cold and I’m resisting the urge to pull on a woolly hat because, to be honest, they just make me look like an overgrown baby, all round cheeks and dimples. I'll have to give in eventually but October just seems a bit too early.

Aside from the Winter wardrobe woes I’m also looking for something, anything, to focus on other than another day spent in an overly air-conditioned office where opening windows is classed as a potential health and safety disaster. What it all boils down to is this, amidst the petty frustrations of day to day living I need a distraction, I need a purpose, I need a goal, I need to blog every day between now and November 30th (hmm, somehow that last part doesn’t sound like the obvious conclusion to have come to). I tried this last year and was, frankly, crappity crap crap crap. I wrote a grand total of ten posts. To be fair, or to feebly excuse myself, this is still my highest ever monthly total but I don’t think a one third completion rate qualifies as success, ever.

So, 2008, another year, another November, but this time I have learned my lesson and am aiming small. Some days you’ll get the whole kit and caboodle, photos, recipes, the lot. Some days maybe a few carefully (I hope) chosen words will suffice. Some days I may be feeling a little uncommunicative and it will just be a picture. So wish me luck, pop by frequently, and get ready to offer me a congratulatory (or conciliatory) glass of bubbles on the 30th.

5 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I have found that a blogging routine keeps me on track daily. I post while I am waiting for my morning coffee to brew.

Gemma said...

Hi Maria, thanks for popping by. I don't think I could trust myself to write anything sensible while still waking up, maybe as soon as I get home from work would be best. I just had a look at your site and have fallen in love with your dog, basset hounds are one of my favourite breeds.

Gemma x

carine said...

Oooooh, am tempted to try and do the same! Although perhaps after my recent extended absence it would be too much of a shock to the system *ponders* hmmm....

x

Sam said...

Good luck with this! I'll keep checking to see how you get on.

Gemma said...

Hi Carine, I'm struggling already to be honest - stupid late nights making me tired...

Thanks Sam!

Gemma x